Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
This is just my opinion. I know the record is not good. However, I think this team is much better than what some people are saying. There was only one game we got beat up on the scoreboard, but even that game could have went the other way had Green not been out of bounds on the Onside kick. Losing close games one year is similar to teams who get a bunch of turnovers in a year. The trend often turns in the next year.

We will have an elite QB next year. I think it would be a huge mistake to start creating holes. The salary cap thing is so overrated. Not saying it isn't a factor, but we are in good shape and teams rarely are destroyed by the salary cap anymore. It used to be a much bigger factor than it is now.

I understand trading Hunt because we have Chubb, DEJ, and the rook. While Hudson played well enough at the start of the year, people on here hated him last year. Conklin is an elite tackle. I would not trade him. I realize my opinion doesn't matter to the Browns. I'm just voicing my opinion. There is no way that I agree w/all the doom and gloom posters on this board. This team is close and I think we have a real shot next year if we don't start getting rid of real talent.

I think you need look no further than the LA Rams, GB Packers and TB Bucs this year as to what happens when your line or skill players are not up to snuff. Watson or not, if the Browns do not fix WR they will be in trouble again next year. Like all 3 of the above, putting a body out there at the OT spot does not make up for the skill level you just lost. IMHO, the Browns are looking at the strong possibility of having to replace both tackles next year. Conklin because he's a FA and the Browns won't pay him and Wills because he has not come close to earning his 5th year option and last week showed how poorly he can play (PFF 32.9). Truthfully, as a team, you cannot accept that level of play from your healthy LT. Add into that at least 5 bonafide starting spots on defense and the Browns could be trotting out lessor talent than they are this year, and this year has exposed some serious issues. I will be interested to see what Berry does (if he's still here) but all indications were this was a playoff team this year with Watson and IMHO, I don't see the supporting cast that proves that.