Not to further derail this thread but I have to say so far the hospitality we’ve had extended to us has been unreal. We’ve been given free rides and free meals. Everyone we’ve met has been super friendly. My buddy and I got up early this morning and took a walk to the construction site where our art is going to be displayed. It was a few mile walk, which is fine. When we were looking to head back to the hotel one of the locals on the job site insisted we accept a ride from him. Nice guy, a little younger than me, who spent 7 years in the states learning English and attending Arizona State U. He gave us his number and told us if we needed anything while in town to give him a call. There’s no doubt he was serious.
He said he was heading back to the states in December to visit friends in California. We told him to come up to Oregon and we’d show him a good time. Or to call us from Cali and we’d come down to hang with him. Hopefully he takes us up on the offer.

The world is small. People are people. Governments and politics aside most people just want to be kind and share their culture. Travel such as this reconfirms that not all humanity sucks. Lol.