Originally Posted by steve0255
Still derailing posts, I see with your hatred for Baker. How's the former QB being gone address how many players the Browns are away from being a contender with their stellar 2-5 record this year?

That's an interesting point. Especially when you consider he swears up and down that Brissett who has throw 2 td's and 4 int's over the past four games isn't the problem. The Browns are 2-5, as of today that is, and Baker didn't play a down over that time frame. It seems like he wants it both ways depending on which way the wind is blowing. The entire thread is predicated on where the team is now and what it would take to make this team a contender from this point forward. So what does he do? He brings up prior seasons and then in the next breath will be blaming others for high jacking threads. It would be hard to even make up this BS.

And do you want to see how stupid his point actually was? Chubb was drafted in the 2018 draft. Stefnaski wasn't hired until 2020. Stefanski had nothing to do with this team being built around the running game. That's what he inherited when he got here.

As for an actual answer to the thread topic.

I think most understand the Browns need help on the interior of the DL along with a complimentary WR. Outside of that I think it's anyone's guess. They could certainly be better at the LB'er position. But I think one has to ask themselves.... This D played well after a rough start last year. Ward was playing better too. So what happened? How can mostly the same players do well last year and lay an egg this year?

I can't answer that but when considering that I have to ask myself if the problem really lies with the players and talent level. As we've seen in Carolina, when they moved to a backup QB and a new HC they look like a different team. And that's certainly not because of the talent level. Things that make you go hmmmm.....