Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So Andrew Berry used one game to help influence his trade deadline decisions. Wow, just wow!

I think that statement is being a bit blown out of proportion... He said it "moved the needle". Then look at the game itself, a game in which many expected us to get our doors blown off was turned inside out. An offense that was boat-racing defenses was stifled. What really moved the needle was in your following post, imo.

Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I certainly agree with you there. But they certainly seemed to perform better with players that weren't being played in most of the games to any extent. I also saw a fire underneath the players I hadn't seen before in the season. I certainly fault the players for some of that but not all of that. I do believe that being a really good NFL HC requires more than just the x's and the o's.

If they suspect certain players to be an issue, and "next man up" rises to the occasion, that would probably influence some trade-deadline decisions.

Another dark-horse opinion, one I share, is that other teams will not be playing nice with us for a while longer since Jimmy reset the guaranteed salary scale. So we'll be paying an a$$hole tax on trades for a little while.