Last quick update… we left Riyadh on Wednesday and have been celebrating in Amsterdam since. Two thoughts.

First, Saudi Arabia is both nothing like we had imagined… and yet much of what we imagined. It’s such a weird dichotomy of ancient religious piety and tradition mixed with the most contemporary opulence. Women in burkas and men in thawbs… walking around crazy high end malls filled with Rolex and Louis Vuitton stores. I’m glad to have visited but was also very ready to leave.

Second, Amsterdam… I last visited in 2010 and fell in love with the city and hoped to return one day. Instantly upon my arrival my love affair only grew. It’s beautiful. It’s historic. It’s incredibly multicultural. You hear every language spoken on the streets. Last night I was at a club and had a great conversation with a Swiss dude. Laughs and drinks were shared. (I don’t drink… but oh boy last night I did. This morning I woke up hungover and remembered why I stopped. Lol) Amsterdam is just such a cool place. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s Europe-lite. People speak English for the most part so getting around and dealing with the day to day tasks of living is easy. You don’t need to rent a car because it’s incredibly walkable and the mass transit system is vast and easy to use. Lastly, the women are beautiful.
It’s just… well I’ve decided I'm bringing my girlfriend back in February for our 12 year anniversary. I want to experience it with her experiencing it for the first time. I only have two days left here so… off to the Van Gogh museum for me.

To anyone reading this, get your passport updated and travel. These are experiences you’ll carry with you for life. Amsterdam is only about an 8 hour flight from Cleveland. You can do it on an extended long weekend. I guarantee you’ll not regret the trip.