I want Stefanski to succeed. I don't want him to fail. Ultimately, I want to win games. The way we lose games is unacceptable, and it should be unacceptable to the entire organization. Football is precious. Every game is precious. There are so few, and it is truly a year to year league. We can't wait around for Stefanski to achieve consistency. He has to be consistent. His teams have to lose only because the other team made more plays, not because guys don't know how to fill gaps. Not because guys don't know how to communicate. It is the head coach's job to assess the needs of his team across the board and to put the entire team in a position to succeed. Last season he did not do that. This season he has not done that. The team is 3-5.

I do appreciate that we are now competitive within the division. I think that's a big deal. I do appreciate that we haven't had any double digit loss seasons in the last two years. That felt nice. I do see positive signs. But it's no different than a QB. You have to be consistent, and when the other teams catch up to what you do well, and they will, you have to counter it. The NFL is the ultimate chess game.

Anyone who thinks Stefanski has been a good head coach is mistaken. He has consistently gotten worse each season, and his teams lose because they aren't prepared and guys don't play hard. That doesn't mean he can't right the ship and get it figured out. It doesn't mean we shouldn't stick with him. It doesn't mean continuity is not important. But if you are being objective and results driven, Stefanski is a bottom half of the league coach at this point in his tenure, and that's just not good enough long term.

Get better. Prioritize winning. Win games. Win freaking games.