I think Stefanski is proving to be an excellent HC. He reminds me a lot of Shanny in SF. Guys who truly understand scheme and how to create building blocks w/their playcalling. Run a play that has a similar design several times and then change it to hit a big play. For example. The TE blocks down on the Edge while helping the OT during outside zone runs. After this look is given a handful of times, the TE chips and takes off down the field and is wide open. Both Shanny and Stefanski are masters at this.

Swish mentioned the ugly 4th down calls, but I think that every play that doesn't work looks ugly for the most part and those are the plays that we remember. A few posters have created a tale of the Browns not being good on 4th down even if analytics say they should go for it. However, stats are available and the Browns are currently ranked 7th best in the NFL at a 62.5% success rate, including 66.7% in their last 3 games. Of course, it helps to have a qb like Jacoby who is very good at QB sneaks. But, in order to get to that situation, you have to be fairly good on your one of your earlier downs. The Browns have done a pretty good job of not falling behind the chains this year.

This team wasn't too far removed from 1 and 15 and 0 and 16. They were 6 and 10 the year before Stefanski arrived. He went 11 and 5 and completely changed the culture around here. He has established the Browns as a very physical offensive team. There is no denying that. We beat people up while on offense. I understand that the HC is responsible for the Special Teams and Defense. However, do you think Andy Reed runs the D in KC? Does Shanny in SF? McVey in LA? Taylor in Cinci? Those coaches make suggestions to their coordinators and there is documented evidence that Stefanski has done exactly that. It is also documented that he got on JJ for getting a penalty by saying something like you can't play on this team by making dumb penalties. He was in Woods' ear at the end of the Ravens game. He has changed practices up to emphasize more tackling. He is making adjustments. There is nothing left to do other than fire coordinators or bench players. I think firing a coordinator in-season would be a mistake. Others may disagree and that is fine. But, I would rather try and work things out during the season and make a change at the end of the season if things don't improve because more and better candidates will be available in hiring pool.

I think Stefanski has handled adversity well. He had to deal w/Covid while implementing new schemes in all three phases of the game. He had to change the culture that was beaten down by years of losing and the mess that Freddie left that looked like a playroom for a dozen 3 year olds. He had to deal w/the Baker/OBJ drama and the former's constant need to go public w/all his thoughts and emotions. He had to deal w/the enormous distraction that the signing of Watson created this year, while the owners and FO personnel stayed behind the scenes and were comfortable letting Kevin handle it. He doesn't call players out in the media like Hue did. He doesn't huff and puff w/fake bluster like Freddie did. He remains calm and in control while making adjustments and keeping the ship afloat.

He has taken two qbs who have failed w/other coaches and got them to play beyond their means. He actually schemes to accentuate a player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. He has gotten guys like Njoku to grow and even become an excellent blocker. He has smartly handled the work load of his star RB, Nick Chubb. He has used analytics to give the team an edge. And while I don't expect a ton of difference this year w/Watson's return........I think that next year we are going to see a whole new dimension unleashed upon the league. He will finally have a guy who can make a good play out of a bad play call. A guy who can overcome a great defensive call. A guy who puts so much pressure on the D w/both his arm and legs that they will have to specifically game plan just for Watson. And what will that do for other guys on the team? It will open up an incredible amount of opportunities for some very talented players at our skilled positions while our offensive line continues to be one of the best in the entire freaking league!

Stefanski and Berry have some flaws, but they are a team. A team I want to remain in Cleveland for a long-ass time. We are finally in good hands!