Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Awesome moment.

From The Athletic...

Wide receiver Kamryn Babb got his moment. The fifth-year senior has dealt with four ACL surgeries in his career at Ohio State. He scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter, an 8-yard grab from C.J. Stroud. The entire stadium erupted into celebration.

Stroud approached coach Ryan Day before the play and suggested the ball go to Babb. Day agreed right away.

“What happened today in the stadium is magical,” Day said. “That’s one of the reasons why college football is special. That’s one of the reasons you coach, to see something like that happen. Hopefully there’s somebody out there going through tough times that can see that as motivation to overcome.”

If you needed any evidence about what Babb means to the program, the reaction from his teammates told the story. The Buckeyes took a delay of game penalty after the touchdown to celebrate with him. He was surrounded by teammates in the end zone, and the celebration continued on the sideline and throughout the next defensive possession.

Stroud said it was hard to put into words how much Babb means to the team.

“He has inspired me,” Stroud said. “I know his phone is blowing up with JK (Dobbins) Chris (Olave) and people tapping into him because everybody has been felt by Babb. Chase Young, Justin Fields, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, I know all of them are really happy for my guy. That will tell you every year he has left a legacy.”

After he scored his touchdown, Babb fell to his knees to commemorate the moment.

“The past five years it’s been a dream of mine whenever I catch a touchdown, whenever that is, to get on my knees and praise Jesus Christ,” Babb said.

Babb was a four-star receiver out of St. Louis in the Class of 2018. It’s been a long road, but he finally had a moment to remember.