Originally Posted by bonefish
I am not going to argue about Stefanski. People can say whatever they feel.

Haslam has proven that hiring a new head coach does not always equal success.

Organizations that back their head coaches look to fix problems rather than recycle head coaches.

The Ravens and Steelers have stayed the course with their head coach. They have fired coordinators both on offense and defense.

You don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Fixing the problems instead of total replacement can be a better solution. Think about Haslam hiring a new head coach. Please just the thought is repulsive. "Let's look at former head coaches that were fired. No, no let's go look at the hot coordinators with no head coach experience."

Sometimes the green grass on the other side of the fence is an illusion.

Bone,

I enjoy your takes and admire your optimism...so please don't take offense to my response.

I don't think KS is a real head coach...at least from his presence on gameday. His face is stuck in the waffle house menu on offense and he's just another sideline body the rest of the time. No leadership...no fire...no control...no real presence. The comparison to Tomlin and Harbaugh are perfect examples...those two jerks have a sideline presence we've not had (possibly) in my lifetime...and we sure don't have that now. They've been that way long enough for me to conclude that they are those type guys every day of the week all year long...unfortunately....I believe that about KS as well.

The Jets and Giants each found a guy after years of changes and ineptitude. Those guys are winning with trash at QB and rosters that have been pathetic for awhile now. Washington has the most dysfunctional owner in history and are playing with a backup over an injured...well...backup caliber QB...and they just beat the almighty Eagles on Monday night...on the road...and are back to .500 ball and in the wildcard race.

Coaching matters...especially in the NFL...and we don't have a head guy there.