I took my son to the Bills game in 2007. It was wild. We were walking up the incline leaving the main entrance towards our gate. The incline faced the lake. The wind was blowing so hard and a hard snow was blowing horizontally in our faces. We had to separate and put our heads down to make it up the hill. There were people being driven backwards by the wind. I did not see them because you had to close your eyes against the stinging snow, but I felt 3 different people ram into my shoulder as I was trying to reach our gate. My son said the same thing happened to him.

My season tix were in section 534 at that time. There were the steel shields at the top of the upper deck and it sounded like a locomotive as the wind came crashing in off the lake. I went down to get another beer and use the head at one point, and I grabbed both railings as I headed down into the concourse. I could feel the wind trying to lift me, so I threw my legs back and sure enough, the wind lifted me and I was floating horizontally at the top of the stairs. That was so freaking cool.

The game was great. Our offensive linemen and DA came out in short sleeves. We definitely handled the weather better than they did. We still talk about that game at different family gatherings. It was painful at times w/the wind, but it was also one of the most memorable games I ever attended. The Jets playoff game was another when we came back after Gastinou roughed Bernie. The Rudd game was another, but for an entirely different reason.