The breakdown is probably correct.

The issue becomes if Woods is gone then who replaces him? One of the reasons that continuity is important.

We are currently running a 4-2-5. Sometimes a 4-3-4. Sometimes using nickle and dime packages.

Does Berry and Stefanski look for a different scheme? What do they want to run?

Who will be available after the season? Who will come here?

Personally I believe in the base 4-3 defense. Then it becomes a matter of personnel. The interior of a 4-3 has to be able to stop the run first. Your DE's then have to be guys like Myles that close fast from the end. Your mike is a run support guy who is quick to read and fill. He should also be able to play zone coverage. Your outside backers IMO have to have speed. They have to be able to defend the flat. They have to be able to cover and make open field tackles. JOK can do that. All three backers should be guys that can also blitz.

It has been stated before and it bears repeating. The man that builds the roster is key. Berry has done well in some areas and not so well in others.

He is not alone. No GM hits on all decisions. Not Belichick or anyone else.

Berry has promise. He will never be perfect. Cooper was a steal. Newsome, JOK, York and Emerson good picks. I understand signing JJ. However, I have not been impressed with him at all. It happens. Schwartz has bombed. You look at his college tape. I can see why he was selected. It just has not worked out. Berry's drafts have been mixed. Pretty normal for draft picks.

IMO defense begins with pressure on the quarterback. You want that without blitzing. But, you must strategically blitz.
If you can not stop the run. You are in trouble.

Scheme is important but players are more important.