I agree with you about DeSantis. He's pretty much like trump light. Same basic platform with less of the hateful calories. More digestible. I have no way of knowing what the outcome will be. It just seems the hateful rhetoric and name calling is what many republican voters have been feeding on. They embraced it and mimicked it. Like sharks at a feeding frenzy. They have never seemed to care about him telling the truth so I have no idea why they would start caring about that now. While I agree that DeSantis has a better political strategy, I think that holds true for many who have opposed trump. I think those who support him only care about him saying what they feel and believe in the way they want to hear it.

I don't see the democrats actually offering a solid solution in terms of a candidate either. I've felt sad about our choices and the leadership of both parties for quite a while now. As bad as it is to say I think our choices will come down to what we see as the lesser of the two evils once again.

Not only will it be interesting to watch but also for the shock value of what we'll be hearing and seeing. We really don't have anything left to look forward to other than that at this point.