Everyone is different. There's nothing wrong w/your viewpoint, but others are not wired that way. Personally, I just love football. I watch as many games as possible because I enjoy the game itself. Rooting for a team is fun, but who cares what team you root for? Is someone a better person because he/she roots for one particular team? My wife is a Steelers fan. She had season tix to their games when we met. I had season tickets to the Browns game. We engage in a friendly banter all year long, but choosing one team over another means nothing.

I watch the games because they are entertaining. It's a nice escape from the issues and problems that occur daily in real life. I get mad at times during the game, but afterwards, I let it go. It's a freaking game. I really can't understand how some folks let the results of a football game where people are either making millions or billions affect their daily lives. All the drama on here is amusing and irritating at the same time.

Bottom line, it's a game and if it gets to the point of not being enjoyable any longer, I will simply stop watching rather than let it affect my mood past game day.