Originally Posted by JulesDawg
Yeah, let’s just keep the conversation leaning toward something stupid a media outlet does or a thoughtless politician says. That’s how we never get to the real reasons behind these massacres, that’s how we forget about the absolute hate the people in this country have for one another.

I gave up trying to have these conversations on the board a while ago. There were times when we could get beyond politics with a slight majority and ignore the extremes. I don’t see that much here right now.

The promotion and peddling of hatred of other human beings is a sick strategy from our leaders and their followers. And everyone ignores it and follows the distractions like dogs chasing squirrels.

A huge part of the problem we have these days is the tribalism. If "my guy" says something it has to be true, no matter what and if the "other guy" says something it has to be false no matter what. Couple that with headline readers and you get things like this tweet that is not an attack but the seed was planted.