Originally Posted by AZBrown
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
I'm a bit torn on this weeks game.

As I have lived in South Florida for 30+ years now, and I adopted Tampa as my second team (since they were not in the AFC, versus picking Miami). And as the laughable years of Browns football continued, I more and more looked toward Tampa as the team to watch (also helps they are on TV more regularly here).

So if I did even drop my allegiance to the Browns, it would be for Tampa.

And much like Cleveland, I bet Tampa in Vegas every year post Superbowl for the next year (did awesome 2 years ago when I got Tampa at 60:1 before Brady signed =) )

I mean absolutely no disrespect by asking this, and I'm not being snarky, but:

How can any Browns fan have a "second team"?

I've read and heard of this strange phenomenon (sometimes on this board, sometimes from friends -even in Ohio), but I never got it. To an extent, I get it in regards to college football - the alma mater thing, etc. But for the Browns, it's a mystifying thing to me.

Even as bad as we have been since The Return and the boneheaded decisions we have made along the way, I never considered watching, rooting for the NFC Cardinals or even following their progress. Again, believe me, I'm not being confrontational. I just never could figure it out. But, then again, I didn't watch a pro football game between '96 and '98.

Maybe it's just me.

Growing up in the 60's and on

I grew up with the Pro Football Hall Of Fame four streets over from my house

I have told this story before.

My friends and I would visit it often, back then it was new so the 70's besides

ty dye and flared jeans football was awesome, watching players with huge shoulder pads that

were at least three feet wide lol ! forearm pads thigh pads neck pads etc etc just the look back then

We loved going in and looking at helmets . the Patriots was a cool helmet , Alan Page was my sisters friend and he would visit

My cousin was a WR for the Lions in the mid 70's

I liked the Chiefs because as a RB kids would say I ran like Ed Podolak, I liked the Vikings because of Alan Page and the purple curtain, The lions because my Cousin played for them.

I like football, I love the Browns, But liking another team is okay because it's about the game for me.

Will I root for another team playing against the Browns ? Nope !

Do you watch other games other than the Browns ? If so

Hope you don't mind me saying you do, if you do

Between the other two teams playing, is there one who you root for ?

I know I do