The OL play this year hasn't been as stellar as it was in 2020. PFF had us ranked first overall at the end of the year. My eyes told me we had the one of--if not the very--best OLs in the league that year. Last year, we ranked 8th best. Injuries to our two OTs led to the decline, but that is still a good ranking. Last time I looked, the Browns were ranked 2nd overall by PFF. However, that was before the injuries to Teller and Pocic. Also, before the Miami game where our two OTs really struggled. PFF isn't the end-all, but it offers a barometer of sorts. I'll see if I can find the latest rankings and then share them w/you soon.

I mentioned on the Buffalo/Browns game recap thread that Chubb needs room to be effective. He does not do well w/early penetration. Once he gets to top speed at--or just beyond--the LOS, he is deadly. However, he is not so good when there is not an immediate hole to run through. This may sound crazy, but it's similar to Barry Sanders back in the day. They are not similar backs in many ways, but Barry always led the league in carries that netted negative yardage. He also led the league in long runs. Chubb is similar in that regard, albeit w/out it being so obvious.

The only thing I will disagree w/you on is that I think our offensive staff has adjusted. That is why we are exploiting teams in other ways as the opponents scheme to take away our run game. Disagreements are cool, though. It's a true football conversation that we are having.