Between rust and just the pressure of the moment, Watson looked horrible. Now that the 1st one is over, it will be downhill from here for Watson. I have no real worries about him other than how long it will take.

Tony Fields has been getting more shots and has been looking pretty good. He looks like a player with upside.

Schwantz looked as expected. The fumble aside, he missed a couple of tackles on special teams. I saw Felton getting some time, mostly running around doing useless things. I suppose the FO wants to see these guys in action. I am not sure what else they need to see, but if it is one last look, it is what it is. Neither one of those guys needs to be on the team.

I guess we will now get to look at Ford the rest of the season. While he didn't look good yesterday, we do need to see what he brings. I do wonder why we even keep D Johnson on the roster? While he is clearly proven to be a good back, we never play him. If you have written the guy off, why even use up the roster spot? Something isn't right about that situation when a scrub like Felton is getting play time and DJ stands on the sidelines.

The DT's looked decent again now that we have finally decided that having our DT's shoot gaps and fly up field doesn't work. Every team wants to have an Aaron Donald or Randy White type DT destroying other teams in the middle of the D, but there is a reason why there are only 2-3 of those guys in the league at any given time. You don't scheme guys like that, they just happen, and they don't happen very often. I don't care what Joe Woods thinks, you aren't going to have a guy like Elliott play like Reggie White.

Too bad for Joe he needed to figure that out 8 weeks ago, not last week.

I wonder if we are going to be able to keep DPJ? He is going to garner a lot of interest from other teams. We aren't going to have much leverage in keeping him. I guess we could keep the Schwantz to take over for him....lol Speaking of Schwantz, when did he get his noodles rattled? On one of his missed special teams tackles?

I wonder about some of those kick-offs. They had to be called squib kicks. I can't believe York hit them that badly. I didn't have any volume for the game where I watched. Anybody know?

Guess that is it for now.