So I haven't been posting lately...life and work have been a bit rough. So I just wanted to give my thoughts on the game yesterday and probably disappear again.

I will discuss DW Last. Lets start with the D. Man they had a bad first half. Peirce ran over them as if he was Walter Payton. Tackling was terrible. Houston had been taking advantage of our over pursuit. and even when tacklers got there, they missed. Tackling has been an issue all season. Houston is not a team built to come from behind. Else, we would seen a heaver dose of Peirce in the 2nd half. I did see a change in the 2nd half where Takitaki (hope he is ok) began to spy and mirror Peirce. The D also was more conservative in later in the game allowing Houston to move the ball better. That was understandable and typical of our team. We shot ourselves in the foot with penalties. The D though did well to capitalize on opportunities. I thought pressure was decent against a QB that was getting the ball out very quickly. We need to invest in DT. I like Elliott but I don't think he is an answer to anchor the middle of our DLine. I like our corners in Emmerson, Newsome, and Ward. Delpit is inconsistent. Considering the injuries he has had the first couple years...maybe that is to be expected. Fields had the game of his career. Lets hope it is a sign of things to come. Johnson has been solid and I think the defacto leader since Walker went down. In all I think Safety is ok for us but not pushing us toward the goal to be elite. I think the D won this game for us...not in a flukey way...they "made plays" to get those scores. But I would like to see a game played for a full 60 minutes. We seem to play for a half or 3 quarters. luckily this time it was the second half....

Special Teams....Holy Cow we returned one for a TD. I like what DPJ has done in the punt game. I understand the trepidation to put your #2 receiver in as the punt returner. But I think it was a good move to put him back there. I also like Ford returning KO's. He has had a few moments where a slight trip up kept him form possibly going to the house. But he is the best returner we have seen in a while. D.Johnson approached it more like a running back. Coverage is still an issue. But I like that Schwartz has found a role as a gunner and affects the run back. Also has the speed to get behind and get potential balls before they touchback. Bojorquez (sp) was BOOMING his punts. It is easy to say that he was over kicking his coverage...but I really don't think that is the case. I think Tackling was a bigger issue. Cade York was exactly who we would hope him to be. Overall, good job by the ST....but still room for improvement in the tackling is needed.

OK now the Big Elephant in the Room. Yes DW was rusty. Strange. I expected throws to go high. But his throws went low. And he had a bad read that lead to an INT....BUT...I do think we got some glimpses of what out Offense could be. Everyone spoke about how bad Allen had been throwing the week before....and this week he looked pretty decent. I thought the playcalling gave Watson chances. But you know I expected some bad throws...I thought the would diminish by the 4th, but they didn't fully. However, I want to look at some positives as well. he had good control of the offense and made good reads for the most part. I thought he did well communicating in the huddle and on the line. And even the INT...I can UNDERSTAND how that happened. It was a good play by Pritle and DJ should have seen it...But I do think both Cooper (who even stated so) and DW expected Pritle to follow DPJ. The D also got some penetration and so the throw had to come quickly. But I wasn't focusing on the throws as much. I thought he had GREAT pocket awareness. especially for being out so long. I thought for the most part he had good reads. I think he needs to work on his play action fake. Believe it or not, I like our receivers. and that includes Schwartz. Would I be sad to see Schwartz go??...only for him. But I think he could be that speedster that is overrated because his QB makes him look so good...ie. Will Fuller. I think as Watson gets more comfortable, he will spread the ball around...Hit TE's and utilize players like Bell and Michael Woods. Right now it is Cooper and DPJ. I also saw a change in his face as the game went on. At first it was a little more wide eyed. in the late third Quarter and Fourth it had changed to a more laser focused command type of face. All in all I am satisfied...the throws will come around. but the decision making, communication, and command doesn't always come around. When things start to click we will see more down field shots that will open up the running game and the offense as a whole far more. They mentioned Allen and how awful he looked against the Dolphins...but then had nothing but praise for him yesterday...So a week can make a difference.

I do think we will need to invest in Center and DT in the coming FA and Draft. Froholdt is doing an admirable job. But isn't an answer yet. Most of the pursuit in the run game is coming through him. But they also overload his spot as an attack point. He has been put in a terrible situation and is handling it very professionally. That doesn't mean the quota is being met...But again...Watson gets comfortable...that attack point diminishes because those guys will have to stay back more often.

One question...why was the illegal procedure against Houston "disregarded by rule" when they declined the Offsides and accepted the Roughing the passer? I am not sure I understand that rule point.