Well, for the working class, it's beer. Not everyone can be snobbish.

It was just a joke between me and jfan.
Not every post of mine is meant to be a comment on politics, class, income or status.

When She&Me were just getting started, we drank Shaefer beer. It was cheap, it tasted just fine, didn't give us the s#z... and it was easily available, because we were poor as fk, and lived in a cinder block 2nd- story walk-up across the street from Zeranti's Beverage Warehouse. Yep- a 2-bedroom dive, above Campnell's Termite & Pest Control... right next to the 8-bay 'U-Do-It' self-car wash on North St, just east of Cole St. In Lima.

Aside from my current job onstage, I've never worked a job that didn't involve tools, straps, grease, sweat, or hard work that required a shower at the end of a day's work... so please don't presume to teach me about real workers, and what we drink after quitting time. At 9 years of age, I drank a 7-Up after a hard day's work delivering pianos and organs to rich folk on Saturday mornings. When I was 20, I drank Miller Lite with my co-workers when I was a pipefitter's apprentice and boilermaker's extra at an oil refinery.

I know hard work. And I know Real People.
I also know watery, unsatisfying beers after a hard day's work. Those watery, sub-standard beverages I shared with my friends were some of the most satisfying drinks I ever consumed.

Bad beer isn't a bad thing... even for effete, snooty "intellectual elites" like myself.

Sometimes, a dumb joke about bad beer is just that- a joke... from someone who came up from beginnings far humbler than yours- or most of these Dawgs.

In other public threads, you've repeatedly mentioned to all who could read that I don't like you. That isn't true, at all. It has never been true.
What is true is this: after all these years, you still don't seem to get me. That's not the fault of either of us. Some folks just don't blend easily.

jfanent gets my jokes, because he gets me. That's why I toss my stuff to him in the way that I do. I don't have to explain s# to him, or work my ass off for him to understand what or why I'm posting. He just gets it. It's easy and comfortable between us. You seem require work and effort all the time. Sometimes, I just don't want to put in the extra time and effort. It's a message board. Jokes are supposed to flow easily. If I have to explain that it's a joke, it's no longer a joke. Which means that now, it's no longer easy or fun.

And now, I've just burned away another 10 minutes of my waning life explaining something to you that others don't seem to require. And the thread flow has now been disrupted. A turd just got dropped into the party punch bowl, and I'm now point man on the clean-up crew. Would I bother spending this much time and effort time on someone who didn't matter to me?

It was a dumb joke about bad beer.
That's all.

In a thread named... and dedicated to "Goofy."
Damn, dude.
Learn to read the damned room, fer Chrissakes.