Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by jfanent
Berry has a body of work in the draft, and it isn't pretty. How many years is he supposed to get?

He definitely will get 1 more. Watson is rusty and that will be gone next year

The Broens brass knew this year was a throw away as soon as he was suspended for the longer sentence.

What kind of GM and HC says to themselves that the season is a "throw away" when a player is suspended or injured weeks before the first game of the season is even played? If that idea was even assumed to be thought by this HC and FO, then they all need to be fired. What you're saying is that no one in the FO or the coaching staff will assume any responsibility for this season results because it was just a throw away campaign that was acceptable to the owner. I read this BS on the forum, and I think to myself, these same people question my team loyalty, yet they are willing acceptors of the excuse that it was a just another throw away season? What if Watson gets hurt in the first game next year - is that going to be just another throw away season? What if it's Chubb, or Bitonio and Teller, Cooper or a Garrett - will that give everybody another free pass again because it was just another throw away season? When is somebody going to be accountable for the actual results of a team that was deemed a playoff contender the last 2-years and disappointed? Last year was a throw away season because the Browns had an injured QB that played like crap and was never benched. Berry, the HC, and FO decided to fix that problem. This year, it's another throw away season because the Browns franchise QB that they "KNEW," I repeat "KNEW," was going to be suspended back in March anywhere from 4-17 games and wouldn't be able to play gave them the right to classify 2022 as just another "Throw Away Season" before a single game had been played? What will next year's excuse be because I'm confident that it's already being thought up!

Last year, the Browns finished up with 3 less wins and 4 more losses than the 2020 playoff team. In 2022, the Browns must win 3 of their final 4 games (with 3 of those games against playoff contenders) to even meet last year's crappy record. Right now, that is not looking to be a very likely scenario. Think about this people, there are only 2 teams in the entire AFC with less wins than the Browns (Houston & Indpls). It's so disgusting that the bottom dweller Jets and Lions both have more wins than the Browns currently and the continually rebuilding Jaguars, who have had the top pick in the draft 2-years running, have just as many wins as the Browns. With that, people are accepting the excuse that this was just a throw away season with no one to be held accountable and everything will be great because next year we will finally be Super Bowl contenders - not without some serious changes from the top down the Browns won't.