Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The Browns were 4-7 when watson began starting. Claiming the Browns gave up on the season with a QB who had culminated a 4-7 record makes no sense at all... to anyone.... but you it seems.

Since watson started the Browns are 1-1. .500. A better winning percentage than before watson took over.

This is an incomplete argument to say the least.
I would say that most on this board would agree that JB played at a much better level than his record shows.

I was unable to address this last week, but it comes down to opinion.

I agree with Mac that starting JB should have been looked at going into the Bengals game. IMHO JB gave the Browns the best chance to win that game. That is after seeing DW at HOU. I definitely would have made the switch to DW once CLE was eliminated from the playoffs.

If you agree that JB would have given the Browns a better chance to win but would have still started DW, we will agree to disagree. The Browns are a competitive team in a league where there are not many above average teams, play to win the game. It is the NFL and nobody on this team believes they are rebuilding. If JB gives you the best chance to win, you start JB. Now that the Browns are eliminated, I can see the argument to get DW the needed reps. But to in essence give up on the playoffs when you are alive does not make sense to me. And many players in that locker room should feel the same way. If they did, you would see a significant drop off in effort. I have not seen that as of yet.