Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
As I said, KS deserves a season with DW. It's a matter of conjecture if he's a good HC or not but he is a good OC and I'm sure he can't wait to work further with DW and devise more plays that are suited to him. Deshaun doesn't have the limitations that Baker and Jacoby have. On D JW should be replaced and with a coach that's tough and can run the D with autonomy that way KS can concentrate on his responsibilities on O AND as a HC.

Hmmmm, last I checked, the HC has responsibilities for the offense, defense and special teams. If the Browns (or Stefanski) bring in a defensive coach that's tough and can run the defense with autonomy so Stefanski can run the offense with autonomy, then I say give the OC job to Stefanski and hire a true HC that can actually run the team. The Browns have to be the only team in the entire NFL that's getting support from the fans for the HC because they believe he's a good OC while the rest of the team is going down the crapper. Of course, the claims of Stefanski being a great offensive mind might be all smoke and mirrors.

Kevin Stefanski agreed to certain specific terms that limit his authority
Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2020

Head football coaches like to run the show. In Cleveland, the head football coach won’t be.

As explained by Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository, new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski showed during his interview a willingness to yield to certain expectations of part-time chief strategy office Paul DePodesta, including having someone from the analytics group wearing a headset and having access to the coaching staff on game days. Stefanski also agreed to owner Jimmy Haslam’s desire to engage in hours-long meetings with his head coach the day after games.

Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland added that the front office expects the head coach to “turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department by Friday, and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”

So, is Stefanski really running the team or even the offense? The above would point to most likely not.