Originally Posted by mac
Yep, one of the first things I do when the Browns hire a coach...I look up the coaches history and record.

I'm a believer in..'experience'..and hiring a coaching staff that are 'experienced'...

In Cleveland, those doing the hiring (of coaches) don't seem to be impressed with 'experience'...plus, we have a Head Coach who doesn't seem to have any interest in the defensive side of the ball.

I don't buy that. Woods has had a lot of experience. He just isn't good.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I think Woods was a hot black candidate and us hiring him was as much about him being here as a DC, then hired away to be a head coach for which I think we might get a draft pick.

As for experience, what works for you? Are you looking for guys who have been DC all over the league? That could be important, or it could mean the guy can't hold the job anywhere.

I hope we consider Jim leohnard. He is light, if having any NFL coaching experience, but he has done a great job in college, and he did play in the NFL 10 or so years. I think being a former player is valuable experience that can override having a lot of actual nfl coaching experience.

It would be interesting to see who Leohnard played for over his career...head coaches, DC's, and defensive position coaches. He obviously learned from those people. He wasn't born a good defensive coordinator.