Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I disagree. I think we will be Super Bowl contenders next year. Not sure why people listen to other posters on this board who have been wrong time after time after time.
Most humbly question why you think the Browns will be
Super Bowl contenders next year?
I understand the QB position will be upgraded
But this team has more glaring holes than many want
To admit.
All I hear is how much talent this team has year after year
Yet it's another year no playoffs
I don't this team has intelligent players on defense
They lack physical players on defense
I really have no faith in Berry
How many gamechangers has Berry drafted ?
SB contenders have true game changers at every level
On the field

Sure, I'll try and answer.

We finally have an elite qb that can go head-to-head w/the other great QBs in the AFC [Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar.]

Secondly, I think we have an excellent head coach and a very good to great offensive staff. Stefanksi gives us an edge in almost every game w/his play calling and clock management.

Yes, we have some holes. However, which team does not? How good is KCs secondary? How good are the OLs in Buffalo, Cinci, LA? How good is Miami's secondary? How good is Baltimore's secondary? Some of you guys act like all these other teams have elite talent at every position. That's just not true.

I consider several teams in the AFC as Super Bowl contenders next year at this particular point in time. KC, Buffalo, Cinci, Chargers, Baltimore, Dolphins, and the Jets. I think the Jets are certainly going to need to resolve their QB position and while Tua has improved, I am not certain about him.

Being a Super Bowl contender doesn't mean a whole lot because all the teams will have to prove it on the field. However, I have no problem saying we can contend for a Super Bowl next year. We will have an elite qb, our OL is elite when healthy, our RBs are second to none, we have a rising star at TE, excellent corners, and a dominant Edge.