Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I think the YouTube package[s] are going to cost even more and I doubt the telecasts will be as good as Direct TVs. It's nice to be able to FF and Rewind all the time. It's nice to be able to record multiple games. The picture was high quality. Not sure we are going to get that w/YouTube. Also, we have been able to watch every Ohio State game ever since we left Ohio due to our package. I wonder if that ends now that we will be cancelling Direct TV?

Can't speak directly to how YT will handle the Ticket. But their streaming is head and shoulders above all others. I'm guessing you have to have the streaming format to include the Ticket, it won't be cheap, but you'll be cancelling all services as YT is a stand alone programming choice that offers more than enough options to replace cable, DirecTV, etc...

I never have any problems with picture quality, and YT never dials it back to lower resolution like Netflix (at which point i have to pause, back out, change resolution, etc, etc... 30 clicks to get back to what I'm watching in normal rez)... On rare occasion it may buffer for a moment and then continue.

DVR is unlimited. One click records all subsequent NFL games (or any program, sport, or just "Cavs"). Recordings are available for six months (longer if the show has been rebroadcast at any time during that period). I've watched every Buckeye game since I've had it.

User interface absolutely blows away any other platform I've seen... including navigation with the remote. Every RW or FF is a 15 second increment if you "click"... If you hold down the button, it's gradually faster until you're ripping through a three hour program, with a thumbnail, in about 20-25 seconds. And it all works seamlessly during the broadcast.

Youtube is Google. They have 55 trillion dollars lol. There won't be any hitches with the rollout, there were zero when they started YTTV. You'll be pleasantly pleased and surprised; although you will sell another little piece of your soul to Google.