This time last year we knew we had issues at DT (x2) and issues at WR (x?). We picked up Bryan in FA and drafted Winfrey and recycled guys who were awful (again) in Elliot and Togiai...that didn't cut it. The dearth of talent at DT leaves us wondering whether we have sufficient talent at LB as we ran a scheme that was missing half the puzzle pieces.

We have MG at DE and the rookie Wright. Everyone else is fodder...although I really like Isiah Thomas.

We picked up Cooper at WR...so for the first time in recent memory, we had a WR that could actually see the field if he played for the Bengals. DPJ is a good story and a good guy...he catches most everything...but he doesn't get open...he's a great #4 WR...but we don't - and didn't before - have a true #2 (if Cooper is a #1) or a #3-possession-type WR. We drafted a couple WRs who were nothing special...as rookies. Schwartz is...well...who knows.

We appear to be set at CB - with depth - and have Delpit coming back...but we need a FS-type to help cover. I don't remember the last time we had an actual FS-type who was any good.

Outside of WR, the offense has plenty of talent and good depth...but is not without question. We have a big ??? at Center. Wills isn't very good and is up for a contract decision. It's hard to imagine that we will not move towards a passing offense from one centered on the running game. Wills isn't good...Teller is a better run-blocker than pass-blocker...Harris is a HUGE ? at C.

We don't have a #1 pick so premium players at premium positions will have to wait until Rd2 and likely a comp pick at RD3. But we need a lot more than (2) guys drafted on Day 2. Free agency will be the key again this year. That ball got dropped for the '22 season.

We need new starters as follows...at a minimum:

WR
C
DT
DT
FS

Hopefully leadership by the new DC and new scheme will make some of the current 'meh' D guys salvageable. Hopefully Harris is the guy they hoped for when they drafted him. Hopefully Wills gets his head out of his butt. Hopefully Winfrey doesn't go all 'Malik McDowell' on us in the off-season. Hopefully one of the 100 WRs on the roster becomes something viable. I'll stop there so I don't seem sarcastic...but there is more.