As we all know, churches in America are in decline, for a large variety of reasons. Churches have grown older, have fallen away from the Gospel, and any number of other reasons.

Unfortunately, My church is not exempt from this decline. We are on a path that wil likely lead to closure, unless we have a miaculous turnaround in the next year or so. I don't pretend to know all, or even any, sure fire ways to avert this .... except the one that I have utter faith in, and that is prayer. So I ask those who pray to add an additional prayer for the Struthers church. Our congregation is very old, and we need to attract some younger people. For every "grey hair" who passes into eternity, we need anywhere from 7-12 new people just to replace them. (on a financial basis) The superintendent of our church proper says that any church not growing by 18% in new congregants will not be able to stand for long. I do have some ideas to try and reverse things, but sometimes our church members are not always cooperative, and as I said before, many are much older.

I would appreciate any and al prayers over the next year as we try to deal with this situation, and hopefully prevent yet another church from closing its doors forever.