Originally Posted by FATE
You keep bringing up "the facts" and how these two cases are so different.

Here's a few you keep ignoring:

Biden was not the president; there is always more leeway given to the president, especially since he can declassify.

Yet as a former president is leaving he is no longer president. I understand what you're saying and if you think that applies to former presidents we simply disagree. While somone is president you are correct. Once they are no longer president?

They are now finding documents taken during Biden's senate days. It's starting to look like he was a serial-secret-document-hoarder. He's obviously a repeat offender of the likes we've never seen in Washington.

Other than the fact that when one has well over 300 documents and the other has far less than 50 documents and you describe the one with less than 50 as the hoarder between the two, we agree.

It's not okay because he decided to give them back.

It's most certainly not. Just a stark contrast between the two.

Law stipulates that when they are taken, for any reason, they have to be under the highest of security... Trump's were at Mar-a-lago (guarded by the Secret Service); Biden's were scattered all over the place, the bulk of them being guarded by his garage-door-opener.

I don't think the amount of documents found in his garage are something that can be described as "bulk", but okay. And as far as I know the secret service was never in charge of the security of secret documents at Mia Largo. They were far too busy trying to protect trump at a resort where hundreds of people were walking around at any point in time. You know, within proximity to over 300 documents he was illegally and purposefully withholding at Mia Largo. I'm pretty sure the garage door opener wasn't dealing with those kind of crowds.

"Elementary"? There are a lot of facts on both sides. Neither party is without blame and should be punished; but your idea that one is perfectly acceptable and the other is pure evil is pretty silly.

I've never said that nor even so much as insinuated that. One was most certainly far more egregious. But neither is right. As more has come to light Biden is looking even worse. My issue has been that there are certainly differing circumstances surrounding the two cases. Refusing to comply with a subpoena for eight months being one of them.