Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Based on most of the QB play I saw this past weekend we need a high end QB to compete for a Super Bowl. That's why we went out and traded for DW. Let's hope he can get back to playing like one.

I can't disagree with the way you said that. I'd love to believe that DW is the MAN. Hope so. But wishing and hoping don't make it so.

Until he re-proves himself, he's another guy off the shelf.

I'm Sitting at home right now, thinking about Joe Burrows having a chance to return to the SB makes me ill. DW, for all the uncertain feelings I have, is our best hope.

First, above is "an accurate quote" of Daman's post..without quotation marks added or complete sentences left out just so "someone" could start an argument.

Daman, Homewood...DW is what he is, a QB who has a lot of work to do if he is ever going to return to the level of play he exhibited in 2020.

I think most fans are hoping he can return to the 2020 level quickly, but realistically, I expect his progress be a slow climb back. How quickly he returns to the 2020
level will depend on Watson's ability to absorb the playbook and the coaching staff's ability to teach the playbook...all unknowns.

Chances are the progress will be slower than some expect but hopefully by the end of 2023, Watson's play will be good enough to take the Browns to the playoffs.

One thing I have not noticed anybody post about is that Watson was not allowed to have a playbook during his suspension. The 11 weeks he was off, he had no access to a playbook. Pretty much washed out the rest of his season. Crossing my fingers that he is ready to hit the ground running next season.