Originally Posted by GMdawg
One thing I have not noticed anybody post about is that Watson was not allowed to have a playbook during his suspension. The 11 weeks he was off, he had no access to a playbook. Pretty much washed out the rest of his season. Crossing my fingers that he is ready to hit the ground running next season.

GM..we are about to find out how hard Watson is willing to work to accomplish team goals. He will have the opportunity to get himself up to speed with the playbook as well the opportunity to participate in off season workouts. By the time camp starts, a lot of that rust should be gone.

One of the declines I noticed about Watson's performance once he returned was his "mental decline". Watson's ability to process information clearly was affected more than I expected. To be honest, I didn't even think about the mental part of the game but once I saw him on the field, it was clear that two years away from football affected his ability to process information.

To put it another way, Watson had to think about everything he had to do because his brain was not allowing his body to react "instinctively". The more time Watson puts in to improve his read and react ability, the better he will be when it's time to step onto the practice field.

I'm not sure how much time or contact with the coaching staff an NFL player is allowed to have during the off season, but some players spend time working out with private trainers. Will the Browns try to hook Watson up with a private trainer to work on his QBing skills..?

I hope so...