Just because we benefit from past events does not mean we are participants in those events. I enjoy the modern convenience of motor vehicles, that does not mean I helped invent the internal combustion engine.
And it is not like the benefits that we realize today from those events are limited to people of European descent. There are people in China today that are benefiting in some way from the changes that happened in North America. That does not mean that they killed Native Americans.
I am of European descent, but have no forefathers that participated in these events and have no greater connection to them than a first generation Asian-American. Not that I believe that a child today is somehow guilty for something that happened 200 years ago because 1/64th of their bloodline can be traced back to early colonizers. That is an appalling idea to push onto children.

Like everyone else said before, we all learned about many of these historic events in school, but this new obsession with dividing children into your groups that are based on nothing but bad anthropological science, and then to try to convince children that they are somehow victims or oppressors based on this, is something that I won't go along with as a parent. It is morally wrong and just another political game that is trying to divide people and make us hate each other.