I doubt anyone cares, but I did talk to my wife about the anesthesia being released from hospitals. She had a couple of things to say.

One is that it is indeed being released straight into the air by hospitals and she thinks it could be damaging to humans because of how anesthesia affects our bodies. Decreases blood pressure, the nervous system, etc. She believes that new ways should be developed to capture the gasses instead of releasing them directly into the air. Of course, money is probably the reason why that has not happened yet.

Secondly, she said let the people who are promoting the idea of less anesthesia be the first to participate in receiving less during surgeries. She said it's a very exact science of how much anesthesia to administer. You can't not administer too little or too much. For us layman, I reckon it isn't something like us going to the deli and say "give me a 1/2 lb of salami. No wait, make that 3/4 of a pound." Anesthesia is very precise and intricate in how much to apply given a huge amount of factors in regards to the particular patient.

One last thing for folks who might not know much about anesthesia. Here is one thing you never want to do, but yet, many patients still ask for it. If your anesthesiologist or anesthetist offer you a "local," take it. Don't say you want to be knocked out because you don't want to see the procedure. Too many things can go wrong while you are anesthetized.