Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
There was a tweet from the previous article that did not show up. Here is that information.

Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_

Here's how the Colts and Browns have graded on Rick Gossellain's special teams rankings the last three years

Colts - 8th
Browns - 18th

Colts - 2nd
Browns - 30th

Colts - 4th
Browns- 28th

Priefer had to go.
18,30, 28?

All NFL teams have the same kind of roster fillers: 3rd stringers. Rooks, looking to latch on by showing their versatility. ST mines its squad from these guys. A good ST coach/system can train this game day specialty into a group of young guys from all 3 sides of the ball. That coach/system can train these guys into a unit that can win close games. And the NFL is built to produce close games.

Special Teams is the wild card every team wants to be able to play. It can change the entire flow of a game.

I've lost count of the number of long runbacks CLE fans have watched, only to see yellow laundry on the field, calling that play back- for good reason.
Nope. I'm not talking about the obviously egregious bad calls that can and do happen from game to game. I'm talking about the ones that were caught by camera, for all to see.

Obvious calls on St00pit Browns.
Hundreds of lost positive yardage/field position per season. On Special Teams play alone.

18/30/28 over 3 years is justifiably worthy of dismissal.

Full disclosure time: I don't remember this Bubba dude at all from his time on the Browns sideline. An absolute, total blank. What I've learned from reading about him in this thread makes me hopeful. Those IND stats of his are promising, for sure -and I'm looking forward to seeing how much better our ST play might be.

He couldn't do worse than we've seen.