I lot of our perspective is based on our age. The first game I went to was in 1964. The last year the Browns won an NFL Championship. Our time on this earth keeps getting shorter and shorter. We're never sure just how many years we have left to see the Browns win a SB. As the window to our life gets shorter, the more urgent it becomes the Browns win a SB. It changes the way we look at things. At least I think it does.

Throughout the decades I wanted to see the Browns build a dynasty. Like the Patriots did. Like the Steelers of the 1970's. Like the Chiefs are becoming now. In a manner that would insure long term success and not a one shot wonder. But then I've been on these boards for decades now. I've watched guys like eotab, Peen and many others such as myself have time catch up to them. The less time you have left the more urgent a situation becomes. Some even to the point that no cost or cringe worthy circumstances stop that desire.

That's why I understand both sides of the coin and I don't see either side being right or wrong here. Us older guys have paid our dues for decades now and feel we deserve to see the Browns win a SB before it's too late for us. The younger guys are just like I was years ago. I wanted to see a team built the right way with long term success in mind. No temporary window would have sufficed for me then.

I think if we could all understand this it would cause a lot less strife among the two factions.