Steve I have to say that after reading your posts I know more about the cap than I ever did although I don't know if I could pass a quiz on it LOL!! I'm going to offer an opinion on what I feel went wrong putting us in the spot we're now in. I like AB and am happy we have him for a GM. I believe the FO and we the fans, thought we had our franchise QB in Baker. So, we began to sign our best players to 2nd contracts and extensions and that made sense. If you have your franchise QB you want to put a good OL in front of him and the weapons he needs along with some good D players because your window is open right now and maybe the next 2 years. Well, as we all know Baker wasn't it so now you have to go out and get a franchise QB which we did, who now has to be paid. We kind of put the cart before the horse but again I don't feel it's our FO's fault. Baker was fool's gold so to speak and now we are in a jam because of it. I fully believe AB is the right man to get things right. The thing that worries me is that right now the AFC is loaded with top QB's and talented teams. IT's probably one of the most difficult times for us to get to the SB. There are 6-7 good teams we will have to beat out. We will have to start replacing some of our best players in 2 or 3 years especially on the O-line and others may start slowing down. WE could be in a rebuild in 3 years if the right moves aren't made and even then I don't know if we can win the AFC. I remember that about 2 years ago many felt we had as much talent as anyone in the league. WE didn't know it then that we didn't have our franchise QB. JMO