Originally Posted by steve0255
Originally Posted by mgh888
A lot to like - very high ceiling when coupled with MG on the other side.

Interesting signing, every indication is there is a high ceiling for DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

He showed real promise the last 8 games of 2022.

There are a few questions I have about him though:

At 6'1" and 235 lbs, he's very small for a DE especially compared to Clowney who was 6'5" and 255 lbs. Shedding 300 lb plus lineman in the run game will surely be difficult.

He never started a game in 5 years in the NFL until week 11 in 2022, maybe a late bloomer?

Okoronkwo had a PFF Grade of 75.1 for 2022 while Clowney was graded at 75.8.

Concerns about the Berry thought process of going smaller when they already have run defense issues.

If Ogbo continues to play like he did the last 8 games of 2022, the Browns have made a serviceable replacement for Clowney. However, I wouldn't classify this move as an upgrade the defense was looking for at this point. Time will tell but his size really worries me.

Great resign of Pocic, it doesn't upgrade the offense (since he was here already) but it does eliminate a position question mark. Day 1 of the tampering period filled two holes but I wouldn't classify them as upgrades that the team needs. We appear to be a little slow out of the gate, maybe our day is day 2!

Those are good observations, thanks steve. The haters can pound salt, I like to live in reality. This guy could be outstanding for years to come or show up as the guy who never got a start. My gut says he'll show up hungry and your worries will never materialize. That's not to say he will be outstanding for years to come, but I think he will put in the work and effort to try. And I think most players coming in who actually want to come here try a little harder too.