I have a very pragmatic perspective on CRT and other topics.

It is often said that the winners are the ones that get to write the history. The 1619 Project and CRT is a different perspective of that history, in this case, written from the black perspective. Different viewpoints and perspectives from history are supposed to be part of a dialogue. You can choose to accept it or not. That is why it is a dialogue.

From what I know, CRT is really not taught much in high school and if it is, its part of an AP course which is by its nature an elective. Now we don't always like our past, we can talk about Poll Taxes, red-lining housing, the Tuskegee experiment, the crack cocaine laws and other Jim Crow era or Plessy versus Ferguson type strategies. Separate, but not really equal.

It happened elsewhere, and the black community was not alone. We can talk about the Trail of Tears for native Americans, or the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II. Again it is a dialogue.

Yeah, sometimes the winners do awful and brutal things. Why do we call whitewash after all? Although I once thought that was just cheap lime paint, maybe it is not.

Also, when these items are discussed, we need to put that in context as well, Since the beginning of time, the winners were brutal. Vikings, Romans, Genghis Kahn, British, etc. etc.