Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Berry has a soft spot for Schwartz for whatever reason.
But Schwartz lacks the mental and physical toughness
To play at this level. The game is too big for him.
Let him go to the XFL and reinvent himself
But Schwartz is a prime example of why the Browns have faltered
Under Berry as GM

I don't think it is a soft spot. I think it is a matter of not wanting to cut a 3rd rounder after 1 season. All the other GMs have the same problem, if it is even a problem.

If Schwartz makes the roster this year and he hasn't shown marked improvement, then I might agree. If he shows improvement in camp, then stiffens up during the season and drops everything and hasn't contributed and we don't move away from him at some point during the season, then that is a problem.

I don't think it is a soft spot either. Speed is a huge asset in the NFL. You can't teach it and it can be a game changer in your scheme. Don't get me wrong, Schwartz has not been good since being here (drops namely), was regulated to the bench, and most likely will be cut at some point. But so many people here are quick to write-off players after a couple of seasons. Schwartz is going into his third season and is still 22. If AB has a soft spot at all, it's getting guys young. Now, maybe they've seen the development won't progress to the point they will keep him, but I think that is where ABs age bias comes into the mix.