Schwartz as the speed angle.

I guess my point is in the 3rd round, you aren't drafting the perfect receiver. Anybody you draft, you are banking on something.

I wouldn't even say it was a bad pick. It will be a bad pick and the FO will be criticized if they countinue to stick with a stinker pick this year, but when we picked him, there were question marks, but speed kills. It was worth the shot IMO.

I guess I have different expectations out of a draft. My feeling is if a GM gets maybe 2.5 players a draft, averaged, that turn in to decent players, my feeling is he has done a good job.

Maybe my expectations are low. It would be interesting to see some comprehensive study on GM's and draft history success by round.

I wonder how many 3rd rounders actually turn in to good NFL players? 20%?? 70%?? Then what does good mean? A starting type player or a decent special teamer? Stefanski has said that Schwartz is a pretty solid gunner for the team.

To be clear, I think Schwartz is a failure. He wasn't drafted to be a gunner. I think if he was catching around 40 balls a season, maybe 400-500 yards and several TD's, that would be somewhere in the range of success. I think he had 5 catches for maybe 60 yards. That isn't good by any measure. I get it.