Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I agree. I was going to mention that Hyatt was the 2nd receiver for the Vols. Tillman was the #1. Living in Tennessee, I get all the news and it was all doom and gloom when Tillman was injured. Before Tillman was injured, he was widely mentioned as a 1st rounder. Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't, but he wouldn't have lasted to our pick so people should be very pumped about this pick.

Many Browns are so fickle it is funny. For the longest time it was all about our pitiful receivers. Now we didn't need one. LOL

This is something people who don't live in the area don't understand. Tillman was going into the 2022 season as the #1 WR for the Vols. If not for injuries he would have been. Anyone who questions his ability need only look at his 2021 stats. He brings a dimension to the WR room that was missing. That big, more physical presence that you can count on to get contested catches. The Browns seem to have learned a bit of a lesson from Schwartz. Playing the WR position isn't always about speed. Speed is something they have on the roster and you certainly need speed in your WR room. Getting a WR in the draft that is a reasonable facsimile of WR's you already have does nothing to increase variable WR skills. This was a great pick and huge value where they drafted him.

There is no such thing as the perfect FO. They all miss on draft picks. And the later in the draft a player is selected the higher the odds are you will miss on that selection. That's just how it is. But for me this pick shows they've learned from their mistakes and are improving. Overall I think they did a fine job with the picks they had. What more can anyone ask for?