Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

Not sure what to think about this pick. I don't remember watching him play, so there is no eye test. The reports on him leave me w/mixed feelings. I'm probably leaning towards thinking this wasn't a good pick.

The reaction by Schwartz gives me hope. It seems like he really wanted this guy.

On the other hand, showing up 12 lbs heavier at his pro day than he was at the Combine is alarming, as is his one-game suspension for an off the field incident.

This one seems like it's going to require some projection. The Browns talked about using him differently than he was used at Baylor (Dump truck -> Ferrari, which Berry later expanded on.) He two gapped a lot there, but they want to see him more attacking. Of course, saying it is one thing, and seeing it is another. I see some upside there. Here's a link to a video of Okie State's Mike Gundy commenting on Ika that kind of reflects that: Link

I'm not sure what to make of the weight change. He's going to be a big dude. That's what you saw on the film. I don't think he necessarily showed up heavier at his pro day as much as he tried to cut weight for the combine. Body composition could definitely improve, but I don't know if I'd go as far as alarming. It is, admittedly, something to keep an eye on. He moves pretty well:

Haven't been able to find out more about the suspension. Hopefully having a kid now will make that sort of deal a thing of the past.