Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted by Damanshot
This is exactly what republicans want.. The wild wild west where everyone carries a gun and shoots anyone that wrongs them... perceived or real.

Can't begin to tell you how many times I've pulled into the wrong driveway... I wonder how many times a Doordash or Uber Eats driver went to the wrong address? This is dumb

How soon we forget. A black Amazon driver was brutally shot and killed not to long ago. Let’s face it, if you’re black, you better calculate your movement to perfection, or POW you’re dead.
A lot of the "wrong place, wrong time" victims have been white so I don't think your argument is particularly valid... I don't think the real point has much to do with the victims at all..

If you look at the victims of the recent shootings, they range in age from 6 to early 20s, different races, different genders, different states, and completely different situations.. one rang the wrong doorbell, one pulled into the wrong driveway and started to back out, one 6-yeare-old chased his basketball into the neighbor's yard, and one got in the wrong car (that looked like hers) in the grocery store parking lot... which, if you are like me, is the only one that sounds reasonable. If you are sitting in your car waiting for your wife to come out and a stranger jumps in your car, that's threatening.. the only problem was he didn't shoot her in the car. She got out, acknowledged her mistake and walked to her own car and he followed her across the parking lot and shot her over there. The threat was long over..... so there is little we can glean from the victims...

But we can glean more from the shooters... older, angry, scared, white men with a gun nearby and an itchy trigger finger... consistently. Who have, no doubt, bought into the narrative that our society has reached some uniquely depraved state where somebody is always coming for them or for their stuff.... Pretty sure they all watch the news, follow the conspiracy theorists on social media, etc not to stay informed but to stay agitated and angry, to keep themselves in this heightened state of alert that they actually enjoy... In their own warped minds, they pull their guns not only to defend themselves but they believe they are defending the very essence of democracy itself.. that's how deluded these people are... and states all around the country are making it easier and easier for these people to obtain and carry guns all the time.... Oddly enough, most of them are probably very anti-gun control and, through their own actions, made themselves the poster child for why more gun control is necessary..