They all seem to have upside, but I'm not sure how many will contribute this season.

I think Ika has the best chance to be a factor right away. He should see the field, and, if he lives up to what they are selling, he should be huge (literally and figuratively) for the defense.

How much the rest can contribute will be decided by how fast and how well our coaching staff can develop them. We'll see. Development hasn't been the Browns strong suit.

I don't really see it with Tillman. There's some potential there, but I like the idea of him more than I actually like the player that I saw in large portions of games. He can do some good things, but I also saw a lot of meh. I'd have liked to see the good more consistently. I think it could take him a bit to transition from that system they ran at Tennessee. Being part of a deeper platoon could benefit him if he can go 100% and be zeroed in every snap he's on the field. Maybe can play some bully ball with back shoulder fades this season.

In some ways I feel like Berry is trying a bit too hard to emulate the Eagles. Tillman kind of feels like chasing AJ Brown. Jones-Mailata. DTR could be chasing Hurts. Instead if taking players as they came, he may have gone looking for archetypes. Maybe not, but looking back at it it kind of feels that way.

While there is upside, there are no guarantees. There are a lot of ways these guys could go. Right now I give them a C+ grade. If their planned usage and development works out, it could get a lot better. Maybe some of the "low" grade is just me getting used to not expecting our draft picks to have to have an instant impact due to having a better overall roster (and hangover from the repeated passing on Adebawore.)

Maybe C+ is too harsh. I do think they got pretty good value from where they were picking. I'd make the Watson and Moore trades again, too. I do think the overall roster construction is pretty good and believe in investing in the trenches.

Now they just have to prove themselves right and get these guys ready.

We'll see how it turns out.