Mrs. Newman. She was my first grade teacher. She was the first teacher to take note of my artistic leanings. I made a drawing for her one day. The school I went to had a program for gifted kids… the young musicians, advanced readers, etc… she entered me into that group. I can still recall both the drawing I did for her, and some of the projects I did within the gifted classes. Good teachers can see a spark in their students. I’m thankful for recognizing it in me.

Mr Taylor. My seventh grade science teacher. He made class fun and interesting. Science was already a favorite subject of mine. One which I excelled in. I was typically one of the first people done taking tests in most of my classes. Often times in his class I’d finish tests so early that he’d allow me to go to the library or art room to entertain myself. Once I just turned my test over and started drawing on the back. He gave me extra credit based on my subject matter and creativity. I wouldn’t always draw on my tests after that, and he didn’t always give me extra credit when I did. But I thank him for seeing my spark and recognizing it. Regardless if it didn’t represent the class he actually taught.

Mrs.Moran. Eleventh grade commercial art (advertising and design) teacher at my vocational school. Within the first few months of me being in her class she saw my skill. By midway through the year she had me doing work outside of the assignments. Focusing me towards higher level skills that would help me go on to compete in vocational highschool competition. Every year the nations’ vocational schools had local, regional, and national level skills competitions. My junior year I competed at the locals, beating my classmates, and all the seniors in the program. Then went in to regionals, beating all the other winners from their local competitions in the NW region of Ohio’s other vocational schools. Then went to state… I didn’t place... but swore revenge. My senior year I got my revenge. I won the state competition and went on to nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma. There I placed in the top 10.

These three saw something in me that I continue to foster to this day.
As a matter of fact. I just pulled up to my shop and about to spend the day working on a 15’ tall robot.

Thanks teach!!