Originally Posted by FATE
Pins looks like fun, Milk. Thanks! I think Hattie's will probably be a must-see (taste).

'Peen -- leaning toward Opryland. I stayed there once in the late eighties for $125... looks like there's been some "inflation". saywhat

Oh yeah...We usually stay there once a year. It's one of those places you need not leave. All of the restaurants are good. None all that noteworthy. The mall across the way, Opry Mills is pretty cool, even for a non-mall guy like myself.

Depending on when you go, i would recommend going to the Grand Old Opry. Country music fan or not, it is a cool experience everybody should take in once. It is a live radio show that has been on air maybe 80 years now .

Just looking ahead, some pretty good shows starting to take shape in June. Pat and I just went 3-4 weeks ago. Had a great time, as usual. We usually see 2-3 a year.

If you don't know the format, it is a current star, a past star or two, an Opry member, an up and comer, and usually some sort of comedian or story teller as some fill.. There are usually 6-7 acts and all sing 3 or so songs. It's a good 2+ hour show. When we went
Darrius Rucker was the current star, I liked John Connely, Mark Wills, Jr. Brown, and Riders in the Sky. Can't remember the newcomer and the story teller...he seemed popular with the younger crowd. He had a big following that night...some podcast dude.. All were good.

Just do it, I promise you will like it

You can ask Columbus, I don't make bad recommendations. I take restaurants, hotels, and shows pretty seriously. If i tell you a restaurant or hotel is good, it is good. You won't find yourself in some Motel 6 type joint, or Dennys to eat.

Shows are a bit subjective, but I promise you will like it, even if for no other reason in this case the historical value. It's just a slice of Americana. We all like that pie once in a while. It's the grand old Opry. You are in Tennessee. What's more Tennesse or American than that?

When you go to NYC, you go the the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and maybe catch a Broadway show. When in Tennessee, the Opry is a must see.

Back in the day, the Loving Spoonful sang "Nashville Cats" and said there are 1352 guitar pickers in Nashville.

They were wrong. There are 13052 guitar pickersin Nasville, and "And any one that unpacks 'is guitar could play
Twice as better than I will"