Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by FATE
And then he changed the application process to "come one, come all, come on in... we'll figure this all out later".

Yes or no?

Do you mean like this?

President Joe Biden's administration this week will begin denying asylum to migrants who show up at the U.S.-Mexico border without first applying online or seeking protection in a country they passed through.

It's part of new measures meant to crack down on illegal border crossings while creating new legal pathways, including a plan to open 100 regional migration hubs across the Western Hemisphere, administration officials said.

While stopping short of a total ban, the measure imposes severe limitations on asylum for those crossing illegally who didn't first seek a legal pathway. The rule was first announced in February and is being finalized Wednesday, the officials said. It's almost certain to face legal challenges. In 2019, then-President Donald Trump pursued similar but stricter measures, but a federal appeals court prevented them from taking effect.

https://abc7.com/biden-administration-mexico-border-title-42/13230234/

You mean like, if I do some faulty electrical wiring and the whole block of houses burn down, one by one; it's all good as long as I show up with a fire extinguisher before the last shed is in ashes?

Yep, that's what I meant lol.

Acting like doing something two years later absolves you of the disaster you created is the typical liberal response. Thanks.

This system you're trying to whatabout into a talking point is futile anyway. The app doesn't even work. But we'll assume they work out the kinks and it's at least fully functional someday... We'll try math, I assume you learned a little of that starting about 50 years ago. This system can process 200 people a day. There are well over 10,000 at the border everyday. You know what their number one excuse is now? "The app won't work". Why? Because it doesn't lol (who would really expect it to).

Sooo...

Some silly "asylum app" makes no difference whatsoever when your policy is also to let them in the country on a parole system when the border station is over capacity.

This really isn't that hard. Well, for some.