I had a similar post a while ago. Koji rice is the way to go. Put ground up koji on a thick steak for three days scrape and rinse it off. Hit it with some garlic powder, salt and olive oil for about an hour. Then I grill it in a kaloric air fryer at 500 degrees. A cast iron skillet with some clarified butter is also a very good option. I sent my first 2 kaloric air fryers back ( they stopped working ) so I wouldn't recommend purchasing one , but they do grill up a nice steak when the work. They have a plate you put the steak on that gives it grill marks. I also found the best steak for me is a 1.75 lbs rib eye. I cut them in half and freeze one half. Then pound them down to 1" thickness before I start the koji. Peen if that is how you make your steak you must try the kioji. I dont think you will go back to your way. Gm this will also make those lean cuts soo much more tender. We just celebrated or anniversary and had some wagu beef strips on our indoor grill. Its almost Kobe and a lot cheaper. For my birthday my wife got grade 5 Kobe steak we like it with yuzu salt and rare. It was amazing. No koji needed for those. I like all my steak medium rare. Would love it on a grill but live in NYC so not an option too often. If you love a good steak, do yourself a favor and do the koji thing
I love to pair it with a Guiness and Jameson 18 year old in the winter or Corona and Don Julio 1942in the summer. Enjoy! thank my later wink