Update…. Had a quick procedure done this morning and talked with my doctor about my diagnosis and expected outcomes. His words were "likely you're already cured.
(Meaning the initial colonoscopy and removal likely got it all.) The rest of these tests and procedures are to verify that information and reduce the chance of recurrence."
So, that's promising.

I have my MRI tomorrow night. A CT on the 24th. If those come back clear I’ll be scheduled for an outpatient surgery to remove the potentially compromised tissue in my colon wall… and with everything staying in the positive, this will be a footnote in my much longer life.

I have to say, this has been one of the most terrifying things I’ve ever dealt with in my life. I’ve rock climbed and taken a 12’ fall that chipped a tooth while 110’+ off the ground. I’ve gotten ‘lost’ back country skiing, and had to self rescue. I’ve scuba'd in the open ocean at night, with sharks around. Nothing comes close to the anxiety and fear that this diagnosis has brought to me. Nothing.

Please, please get screened. My doctor said this has likely been growing in me for 3+ years… if I had waited another 1-2 more before getting my colonoscopy… my entire world would be turned upside down.
I’m not in the clear yet. Let’s hope the MRI and CT are clean.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.