From the defensive side of that article...

New defense on the attack

New defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz generally lined up right next to the center for the 7-on-7 sessions and coached his defense from the middle of the play. From there, he gets an up-close look at what he still says are basic installations and has delivered instant, direct and often colorful feedback.

“I’m just out there right now just trying to hear guys communicate, just to have a little presence out there and those things,” Schwartz said. “I don’t know if I’ll be out there all the time. Right now, when things are new, I can get my ears real close to them and I can hear where the communication is. And that means you can feel the players. It’s one of the reasons as a play caller, as a defense coordinator, I’ve always liked to be on the sideline, because you don’t make calls in a vacuum. You have to really feel the players.”

Schwartz has stressed that spring football is just about reps and communication, and that nothing involving a real depth chart or playing with the proper physicality will come about until training camp.

Schwartz’s emphasis on attacking shows up in the 7-on-7 sessions when he lines up two defensive ends who aren’t among the seven in the play and has them target two tackling dummies set up seven or so yards behind the line of scrimmage. Those players hit the dummies while steering clear of the quarterback on each play to simulate what Schwartz wants and what the Browns hope will be their blueprint: let Watson build a lead, then turn the pass-rushers loose.