T-Bones are my favorite. But lately I’ve been buying 3 packs of Delmonico’s. I like mine medium, pink in the middle. I have two go to methods when prepping and cooking them. Once home from the store, I’ll wrap them in paper towels for about an hour or so. Then olive oil,salt,pepper both sides.
To cook them right (in my opinion) I’ll get my charcoal grill going, sear each side for a minute directly over the coals, then move them over to indirect heat. I’ll usually grill them for about 4 minutes total each side. I keep the lid on the grill while they cook. Place a little pad of butter on each one and let them rest for 10 minutes. My other method is to prep them the same way, but cook them on my cast iron pan on the stove. High heat, sear each side for one minute, take them off, turn the heat down to medium, and cook each side for about 3-4 minutes. Pad of butter on each and let them rest.
I usuall don’t need sauce but if I want to spoil myself, I’ll break out the Heinz 57. Serve them with a side of corn and either a baked potato or flavored noodles.
Good stuff.